API Express makes it easy to expose external data source via REST APIs. Once the data sources are exposed, you can easily build a mobile app with those APIs and in turn with the external data sources.
The following external data sources are supported:
- Relational database.
- SOAP (Web service).
- REST API.
There are two main options to create a REST API in API Express:
- Automatically generate REST APIs. This option works with relational database.
- Use a visual service builder to create advanced service logic. The visual service builder has the following components to build service logic:
- SQL component – for executing any SQL query or stored procedure.
- REST component – for connecting to any external REST API.
- SOAP component – for connecting to a SOAP web service.
- FORK component – for creating two or more execution forks.
- Condition – for adding if-else-like condition.
- Mapping – for mapping data from one component to another.
- Server Code – for invoking an Appery.io Server Code script.
- LDAP component – allows you to invoke an LDAP API.
- Storage Procedures and Functions - custom SQL calls.
- Email component – allows you to send email via API Express without using 3rd services.
- Ethereum component - allows you to work with the Ethereum platform without using 3rd party services.