If your app API uses native device features, you cannot test it in the desktop web browser. One option is to export the app by rebuilding the app binary and then updating the app on the device.
Another (and much better) option is to test the app with our Appery.io Tester app.
Appery.io Tester is a native app that allows testing apps built with Appery.io. This app makes it very simple to test native apps as you don’t need to to rebuild and then reinstall the app each time a change is made.
Appery.io Tester is free and available for both iOS and Android:
Just click the links below to download the Appery.io Tester app from:
Once downloaded, it is ready to be installed on the device.
Below is the short instruction of how you can quickly test any native mobile app(s) built with Appery.io on your device:
In your desktop web browser, select the Appery.io app you want to test, open the TEST drop-down window with additional testing options by clicking the arrow button next to the TEST button on the App Builder Toolbar, and enable the Public checkbox.
Then click SAVE and ... you are ready to scan the generated code:
Making App Public
Making app public is optional and you will be able to test your app without enabling it but please note that in this case, you will be required to log in using your Appery.io credentials when testing the app.
- Now, all you need to do is to run your Appery.io Tester app (should be installed on the device) and click the SCAN button to review the app:
- When the app to be tested opens, the main control button (with the Appery.io logo, a icon) appears in the lower-right corner of the screen:
- Press it to get more controls that are specifically designed to assist you in testing your app after any changes have been made in the App Builder. The main control a button turns to the x button (close) and three more controls (organized under Controls menu) appear next to it.
If you need to return to the previous view and close the controls, you can just click the x button back.
The Controls menu buttons are (described from left to right):
- Round arrow icon: click to refresh the app and stay on the page you are currently on
- Home icon: click to refresh the app and open the app home page
- Exit icon: click to exit the app under testing (you will find yourself on the Tester app main screen).
The list of all your projects that were once tested will be saved on the History page so that you could go back to any of the records any moment you need.
To see the full records list, click the History button in the footer:
If you like to get better organized with your tests records, you can use left swipe to either rename your record or remove it from the list (or press CLEAR ALL to clear all the records list, if you like).
You are also free to check out some of the apps that were created with Appery.io on the Samples app page:
Just select the app you would like to review and you will get access to the fully-functioning project created with Appery.io:
Want to Know More?
If you are interested in how our sample apps were created, you can check the links below:
Custom Cordova Plugins
Although the app cannot be used for testing 3rd party plug-ins, it already supports the majority of our Core Cordova plug-ins (and we are working on adding support to more).
To review the the list of currently supported plug-ins, open the app Info page:
Testing Push Notifications
App Library Version
Updated 3 days ago