The Appery.io Platform provides a cloud database to store any app data. The database is a NoSQL database in the cloud. This means you connect to the database from the app via simple REST API. You can use the database to store anything your app requires, for example:
- Binary data (images)
- And anything else...
Appery.io database is based on MongoDB version 2.6.8.
If you are just starting with the Appery.io platform and with the database, try one of our Quickstart Tutorial.
Appery.io Database is running in the cloud this means that the app will connect to the database via REST APIs. For example, to get a list of users, you would invoke an API. If you need to update or create a user, you would also invoke a REST API.
Complete Database API.
The database dashboard is where you can manage your databases. In the dashboard you can:
- Create a new database.
- View the list of existing databases.
- Open and edit a database.
- View statistics and reports for any database or all databases.
- Manage the session token lifetime.
To create a new database, click the Create new database button and enter the database name.
The main database page displays total database statistics. The following information about all your databases is available:
- Database size - storage used by all databases.
- Calls to databases - the total number of all calls to databases.
- Total calls - the total number of all API calls to backend services.