If you are new to Appery.io, we recommend that you first get a general overview of the platform organization to get a more in-depth understanding of how things work in the Appery.io world and then go through the main steps of building your mobile application with our platform.
Video Tutorial: Appery.io Dashboard Overview
We highly recommend that you also check this detailed video guide covering the main features of the Appery.io platform:
To build a new app in Appery.io, you might need to:
- Create a new app – read here;
- Build the UI – read here;
- Set up database – read here;
- Set up services – read here;
- Map the services – read here;
- Add events and define actions – read here;
- Test the app – read here;
- Export the app – read here.
While working with our platform, you may not need some steps listed or, on the contrary, require more features, such as using native devices, publishing, collaboration, or creating plug-ins.
You can find all of this in our documentation.
In Appery.io, we differentiate between JQuery Mobile and Ionic 4/5 frameworks. In most cases, it’s possible to get similar results with both frameworks.
So, first of all, before you start with creating your very first project with Appery.io, please make sure you know which framework you are going to work with:
- Under the Apps tab, click the Create new app button:
- A window opens where you can select what framework you would like to start with Ionic 4/5 or jQuery Mobile.
Here, you might like to build up a new app using one of the provided templates in no time at all:
- Ionic 4: https://docs.appery.io/docs/ionic-4-app-templates
- jQuery Mobile: https://docs.appery.io/docs/appbuilder-jqm-app-templates
- In this step, you can also select to create an app using your own templates or recreating an app from a backup. Note that in these cases, the selection of the framework will be predetermined.
Note that if you are new to mobile development, going with jQuery Mobile is recommended as the learning curve is smaller.
Ionic 4/5, on the other hand, is a more modern library and applications with it are much faster than those built with jQuery Mobile. It is also quickly evolving and becoming more popular.
There are no limitations if we are talking about frameworks in our platform, both JQM and Ionic 4/5 can be used for building a PWA.
So, it's up to you to consider the pros and cons of both and make your personal decision.
Here is more information on Ionic 4/5 vs. jQuery Mobile.
Important Note on Ionic/Bootstrap Apps!
Note that the option of creating new apps with the Ionic and Bootstrap frameworks was removed but we still support the projects that were created with them earlier.
Appery.io Platform Dashboard
To start with, please visit the App Builder's and frameworks' documentation to learn more:
Video Tutorial: App Builder Overview
The first step in building an app is usually creating its pages with the desired UI. This is done in the Appery.io visual App Builder.
We highly recommend that you check this video guide for detailed instructions on how to get started developing with Appery.io visual App Builder:
If you are new to Appery.io, we would also recommend that you check the following resources to learn how to build mobile apps with an API backend:
- Building Your First Ionic 5 Mobile App: Hello World
- Ionic 4 Todo List Tutorial;
- Working with Appery.io Database and Server Code;
- Building Your First App with a Database;
- Creating your First App with a Backend;
- Building Login/Signup Forms;
- How to Use Barcode Scanner.
Detailed tutorials to help you integrate with enterprise data sources:
- Creating APIs for Relational Database;
- Creating an API for a SOAP Service;
- Connecting to a REST API.
We have a large number of how-to videos on our YouTube Community Channel featuring the newest and/or most requested Appery.io platform options.
Sample Apps are apps with a pre-configured backend that you can quickly add to your Appery.io account to run and test. Sample apps provide app backend services and app UI.
Updated 21 days ago