There are a number of ways to test your Appery.io app:
- Using the desktop web browser.
- Using a Mobile web browser.
- Using the Appery.io Mobile Tester (to test native apps).
- Installing the app on the device.
- Using Weinre remote debugger.
- Using Appetize.io to Test iOS Apps.
To test in the desktop web browser, click Test.
If you want to share the app link with other people, check the Public option. You can always uncheck it to make the app private again.
By default, the app opens in the special mobile frame. You can change the phone’s size, as well as rotate it. Click Refresh to refresh the content of your application. All the changes saved in the app builder will appear upon clicking the button. The Remove frame button allows you to test the app without frames.
To test the app without a frame, you can also click Launch under the Show without a frame in the TEST drop-down window.
In the TEST drop-down window, you can also scan the QR code with your phone (this requires a bar code scanner app) to get the app link. The QR code is available while testing your app in the desktop web browser.
This is a brief manual on how to share your app via a post in social networks so that your followers can view the developed app.
- Run your app in Test mode. Click the Test button on app list page or in the builder.
- After preview is opened, click the Share your app button.
- When the app is published on the Appery.io domain, social share buttons are available on the page with QR code for Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and email.
- Click a social share button, change a message of the post and share the app with your followers.
The URL of the published app is available after the app had been shared. Now everyone can see your published app
Make the app public, then either email the link to your phone or scan the QR code.
The Appery.io Tester is a native app that allows you to easily test Appery.io-built apps as you don’t need to install the app each time a change is made. The Appery.io Tester is free, and available for iOS and Android.
You can also always build a binary for your platform and install the app directly on your device for testing.
By using Appetize.io, you can test iOS functionality (native features) in your Appery.io app without the real device. Appetize.io generates a unique link for each uploaded app enabling you to send your app to people for demonstration, or to your team for testing purposes without sending the .ipa bundle.
- Create an Appery.io app and add two buttons to the page.
- Click EXPORT > xCode project.
- Open the just-exported project with xCode version 6 or higher.
- Build the project. This will generate the .app bundle.
- After a successful build, go to ~/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/<project-name>/Build/Products/Debug-iphonesimulator. You’ll see the <project-name>.app bundle.
- Zip this .app bundle.
- Go to appetize.io and click UPLOAD in the top right corner of the screen. Select the .app by clicking Select file.
- Once the file is uploaded, type your email and click Generate.
- Soon you’ll receive the link via the provided email, click the link to see your app.
Now you can show other people your app by sending this link.